Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pictures

I wish I took more photographs. Each year, I promise myself that "this year, I will take more pictures"...But many times I'm so in the moment that the camera never gets picked up off the table and photographs taken. There is so much going on around here, so much change...I wish I was able to document everything, but typical we'll complete a task and then ask - did anyone take any pictures? No? Hmmmm...
For example, we hosted Thanksgiving this year. We had 16 people total over to the house and were able to easily seat every in our dining room. We put three tables together, covered in deep red cloths, everyone using my grandmothers fine china, lit by dim overhead light supporting the three oil lamps, everyone laughing and giving thanks for their blessings. I'm proud of our successful dinner, we prepared the turkey, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, fruit salad, coleslaw, squash, stuffed dates, apple pie, pumpkin pies, key lime pie, pumpkin roll, homemade yeast rolls...everything turned out well...except the one casualty of green bean casserole (ok, so I forgot that I switched the oven to broil...small flames..everything is fine). I knew that there were a few cameras floating around that day and after the guest had left and some of the table cleaned off and I said "Did anyone take any pictures? No? Hmmmm"

1 comment:

  1. We'll have to install video cameras at strategic locations! Wait, that may not work out so well for us...we should just take more pictures :)

    ReplyDelete