Friday, August 24, 2012

Back to School

Good morning,
Gage, Drake and Cora - first day of school!
Cora and Daddy, killing some time before her school starts.

I cannot believe that summer is officially over and that school has begun. All three kids are starting new schools and we were a bundle of nerves on the first day. This is the first year that everyone got off, without a single tear. Ahh...they are getting so big. 
That first picture, above, is the three of them together - every year, we take that first morning picture and it's always the same...we are in the rush of getting out the door, and I stop and say, alright, time for a picture - they stop, turn around and line up - all sleepy eyed. I say "act like you like each other" and this is what I get. A great picture of my sweet babies. We drop each of them of at their schools - typically in a flurry of "you have your lunch? you have your backpack? you have everything you need?" Hugs, kisses, I love yous and off they go. My kids are pretty awesome. They are similar enough to get along, but different enough that they can learn from each other. They all have their father's sense of humor...meaning that they are hilarious. They are all so intelligent and fascinating and gorgeous! We are very lucky parents. I'm hoping for a great year for each of them. It's already starting pretty good - they each hopped off their busses in the afternoon and told us about their days and how they aren't too bad....

Same kiddos...same time...last year :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment